Thursday, April 26, 2007

Crocheter's Attic reaches out!


Good Afternoon!

I hope this blog finds all readers well. I was surprised last night with American Idol. Happy to see they didn't vote anyone off.. yet, I have this feeling adding votes from this week till next might not be all that fair to those who are in the contest. Yet this program was near and dear to my heart.
I sat in tears as I saw the children in Africa and their moms. Compassion in me wishes to reach out to them..to help them in their need. I do not possess money to send..not even the dollar they suggested..sigh! And then I saw the children here in the United States. Those in the mining areas of this country. Even more distressed as I saw those who were devastated by hurricane Katrina are still living in poverty..drugs an deplorable conditions continue. Shame on our president for allowing this to continue. I don't know if any of you realize this..Its been two years since Katrina..TWO YEARS..why?..why, are these people still in this condition? its wrong!.. all I can do is crochet things..I have no other resources..my heart cries out in pain. I have always been empathic. This is a part of me that will not change. I can not turn my head and do nothing.
So again we will try to find a way in which we can help these people.

Crocheter's Attic was set up to reach out to people in need. Its not only babies. That seems to be a popular idea in online groups. But we are reaching out to those in need as Katrina victims and those living in poverty..or what they call "below poverty"..geez! now they have to put levels on people lives. If you are in poverty..well, heck! that's poverty period. The people/children in Africa are in dire straits..not just in poverty. Especially when you look at this country. Our poor are just that poor compared to even a middle income. In so saying this..I challenge anyone reading this to stand up!..do something..anything to help someone in this condition.

My tears fell as I listened to Irish singer Josh Groban sing with the African Children's Choir. It was incredible. Yes, I cried. So now begins my quest to help them if I can. I welcome all ideas.

I posted part of a pattern the last time. Now I will post another part.

Baby Sweater, Right Front

Row 1: Ch 2(counts as first hdc, now and throughout)
turn; hdc in next 27 sc, leave remaining 92 sc unworked: 28 hdc.

Row 2: (Decrease row): Ch 1, turn; hdc in next hdc and in each hdc across: 27 hdc.

Row 3: ch 2, turn; hdc in next hdc and in each stitch across.

Rows 4-8: Repeat rows 2 and 3 twice, then repeat Row 2 once more: 24 hdc.

To hdc decrease (uses next 2 hdc), *YO, insert hook in next hdc, YO and pull up a loop;
repeat from * once more, YO and draw through all 5 loops on hook(counts as one hdc).

Row 9: (Decrease row): Ch 2, turn; hdc in next hdc and in each hadc across to last 2 hdc, hdc decrease: 23 hdc.

Row 12: (Decrease row): Ch 1,turn; hdc in next hdc and in each hdc across: 22 hdc.

Row 11-16: Repeat Rows 9 and 10, 3 times: 16 hdc.

Rows 17 and 18: Ch 1, turn; hdc in next hdc and in each hdc across to last 2 hdc, hdc decrease: 12 hdc. Finish off.

I will give the next part the next time I post a new blog. I hope things are going well in this pattern. I'm off to continue to crochet a round ripple blanket that I got on the Angel Crafts site.
Its really fun and works up quickly.

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you have been down lately but was wondering how your ripple is coming along. I love ripples. Can't wait to see it when it is done.

Joy said...

I do feel a bit better today.I have progressed on it..I'd say its 2/3 done. I just slowed down to a crawl as my arm began hurting more when I tried crocheting. I'm hoping to get it done very soon. Maybe I can then get a picture of it online..thinking my son Aaron might be able to help. hope you are feeling better too.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am coming along slowly also. When I get tired of sitting or feel stress in the back I lay down for a bit. It seems that we are all under the weather lately.