Saturday, April 21, 2007

Crocheter's Attic Crafting with Love


Here we are on a grey saturday ..perfect time to write and to crochet. Getting a nice fire started in the woodstove and a hearty soup for dinner.


I finished up that darling little sweater that someone sent to me in Crocheter's Attic..takes longer as it has ruffles..but well worth it I think.. I used a pom pom maker that I received for a gift awhile back. I was so frustrated trying to get two made for the ties on this sweater. I had a good time with the pom pom maker..from now on I'm using one of those.


Today I will put the sleeves on the last sweater I'm making for donations. Might make some hats as it would make the sweaters more complete. I received a darling ghan that one of our members made from a dishcloth pattern. Its lovely. So much so, that I will use it to make another. How clever she was and talented. Her work was well done, doesn't matter if there was a mistake..(I was told there was one, but I consider them a humble stitch..never looked to see if it was there) It is wonderfully done!


Then I will start something called "Strawberry Parfait Ensemble". It was posted in Annies Attic the day before yesterday. It was one of their free patterns. I would love to post that pattern however it is copywrited. They have from time to time wonderful patterns for crafters to use. Everything I make goes for donation or something for my family. Someone said I should sell my things. I don't craft fast..as a result all of what I do is never sold. No complaints, I really love what I do.


In Crocheter's Attic, we started working last on something called an Eyelet Lace stitch square. It has an interesting look to it. We have been working on different stitches to help our skills improve and grow. Its fun to help each other and to see all the wonderful things that we create. I think we will be doing another stitch next week called Aligned Cobble Stitch. I have not yet looked to see if I can find a tutorial for it. Sometimes I can find it and then sometimes I think the stitch must be a designer stitch and no tutorial is available for that. All of the stitches offered in a square are also being made into blankets.. What I think is nice is that while learning a new stitch that improves skill and allows for the crocheter to be able to tackle more difficult patterns, is that the blanket they work on will keep someone warm.


Well, its time to move on out of here, I have a lot of crafting to do today..


Until we meet again!

Hook's Up!

Leslee


and

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice entry, informative and fun to read. I look forward to the new stitches we try even if I have done them before. It is fun to practice them. It has been a while since we had a new sweater pattern as a group, so I will watch for that and you keep on blogging and hooking.

Joy said...

thanks Ghost, I'm in the process of getting a new sweater pattern on Crocheter's Attic. Its good to know you like the different stitches as well..thanks for dropping by!.Leslee