Monday, April 09, 2007

Crocheter's Attic


Good Afternoon, Everyone!

Spring is here and trying to bring showers. I'm praying for showers of rain and good things. I love spring flowers and the smell of the air.

I managed to get my sweater in teal nearly done yesterday. I think I'm moving slow as there is so much getting in the way of my crafting. I am going to post another stitch for my group. We will be doing the Puff stitch. I will give them a square first and then the blanket. Each blanket we do in our classrooms in Crocheter's Attic will go to one of our events. It will strengthen the abilities of us all and make future patterns much easier to tackle. Then after I have given them separate squares. We will all join the squares to make another blanket. Only this blanket will be for the lady who has done all other blankets.

You know I noticed something about people who crochet things for charity. Rarely do they crochet for themselves. They mostly work at their craft into the middle of the night. Most of our crafters suffer from some sort of pain/ailment, and most only want to reach out and make a difference. So I was thinking its time each lady got to have something nice for herself. Then in the winter months she can keep warm while she is busy making things to keep others warm.

How Crocheter's Attic was born.

I have been crafting for charity since 2003. I was the member of another group. I moderated in that group until my health went bad.. I had heart surgery in December 2005...but I started Crocheter's Attic in April 2005. I have a small group of VERY talented ladies. I noticed since I first started that each woman in both groups had something medically wrong. Now it is of course not a requirement. It was something we held in common. Perhaps because we hurt or know what life is like having experienced it for forty years or more and have raised or nearly raised a family; we have a desire to reach out to those in need in this world. I have seen how God has been taken out of schools, out of our laws..now its money. And we hear people cry out why is this happening? We are a majority now. Most of us are baby boomers. If we honestly look we can see what has happened and why. In this big country, we in Crocheter's Attic are a minority. We are small. This group was started on an inspiration from Him. I decided when I started it that I would not fish in the group I was currently in..I would pray and let Him add. Slowly we have had come to us the sweetest kindest ladies that I would never have found. He showed them the way. We freely speak of God. Not sermon. Just no retrictions..He has blessed us so much. Not just in the group itself but in the lives of those who are members. Prayers are easily asked for and said.
With this strength and belief in God this little group pushes on. We help each other learn. We laugh. We share.

I have found that crocheting, knitting and sewing are indeed ways of healing. Each lady has been blessed with artistic talents. We are crafting (crocheting, knitting, and sewing) for an event. We are learning new stitches and patterns. Our minds are busy thinking about which yarn should I use..which hook/needle size...what does this event need? what colors are available? are there new yarns? are there new patterns. Clearly one person said in the past, when people get old they forget to think..their brains sort of just stop up.. Well, not here..lol.. The day I die I intend to have a hook in my hand. With this said I think I will stop for today. I really want to go get that sweater done so I can start a new blanket..ummm..its the Bobble Blanket at Lionbrand.

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry and so true when you stop and think about it. It is nice to know why you started the group and it is a lovely group too. Thank you.