Friday, April 20, 2007

Crocheting Bits of Love


Fantastic!
Finally, I am into the New Blogger and connected to my other blog communities.. Yes!

Today I decided to write about some of the things we are doing in Crocheter's Attic. We are currently still working on making things for newborn babies and their mom's for Healthy Mother's Program at Paradise Feather River Hospital. I am so amazed at the beautiful work that has been done and sent to me. The generosity and love is so apparent in the things that have been donated so far..

Some of the ladies are working on squares, some on little diaper shirts, while others are working on making blankets using a new stitch we found called the tiffany stitch ..and others like myself are working on sweaters. One of our members sent me the sweetest little sweater. I found the pattern to be so easy. It has ruffles and little ties with pom poms..Its darling.

Annies Attic has the sweetest little baby ensemble. I think I will work on that for awhile and see how it comes out. The one shown is done in pink. When I buy yarn in the beginning of the month I think I will choose yellow. Its been so long since I have used that color. Mostly because new babies that are a bit jaundiced look even more so in yellow.. However, there are many who aren't effected by this color.

Earlier in my blogging I was talking about going to Peru to help the orphans there learn how to crochet and knit. Well, we are still working with the International Children's Network. I'm excited as it helps us reach out to those who need and we will be able to help them learn a trade that actually can help support them and clothe them.. We have had a very generous offer to advertise our group and our teen group. Its something that we have needed all along.. Maybe from all of our efforts will come a way to help the young in this world change it by their own love and support of those who need.

I guess I should finish this. I have a pom pom to finish and then put sleeves on another sweater. Then I will have the opportunity to work on the Strawberry Parfait Ensemble.

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/
and
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersatticteens/?yguid=265818116

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a simply breathtaking picture. Is Lynne someone you know?

Joy said...

I sort of know her. I love this picture. It reaches into the depth of a child's soul. I am hoping we can reach out to children in a way to make a difference in this world that will help them..this child sort of stands for that..