Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Learning



Hello Everyone!
I am in the process of learning about new places in the world. Sound kinda corny? No, I'm serious about this. I have lived in my little corner of the world for so long, my eyes have become blinded to only what is around me and before me. So I'm starting with a place my heart has always or seemed like always wanted to go.. Peru.
In my last post I posted a flower from there..wasn't it just fabulous! And to think if I had not looked I would not have found that this country has this sort of flower. There were others that I found. I think I will post that here and then go on..

Like I said, I'm looking at and learning things about Peru. Did you know that in Peru that if a child has only one parent they are considered orphans? Amazing huh?..Well, some day soon I would love to help out. Help those children get warm. I can crochet, I am learning to knit, and I can sew. Certainly some of those gifts can be used to help these children. Maybe even find a time in my life where I can go teach these children to crochet and knit.. How awesome.. just to think of going to a country so rich in its natural state..and then have the opportunity to teach the children? Imagine what they can teach me?.. I so want to do this.

Right now I have an online group, Crocheters Attic. We crochet, knit and sew for people in need. In November we will be making things in correlation with International Children's Network. This opportunity will give us the chance to make things to keep the children warm in that country. Our teen group which is still in its fledgling state will be working with them to in the future.While we work to help the children stay warm, our young teen group will be learning to crochet and knit. They will have the opportunity to reach out to the children too. Teaching our young teens to reach out now will hopefully have a wonderful ripple effect.

I'm going to post a picture of Peru later on. Much of what I found was Machu Picchu. The country is so rich in plants and animals. They have a rainforest. Something I have always wanted to go to. Not crazy about big bugs and snakes..but that's a learning situation for me too.. Well, I'm off to crochet for a bit..I have two sweaters to finish. One is a "Going Home Sweater".. and the other is a sweet little sweater that my members Ann and Lynn sent me..I finished a teal colored blanket yesterday..its so nice.. would keep a baby nice and toasty. Until later! Leslee

No comments: