Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter


Happy Easter to all!

Its such a bright and beautiful day today! Spring here in California has come.
My daughter was outside planting new plants and windows left open. Normally we would be among our family. Just this year we decided to do something different. We decided to stay home and enjoy a peaceful quiet Easter.

I have been working on my crocheting today. I'm still working on the crocheted baby sweater in teal that matches the blanket I just finished. Already I feel a bit anxious as I want to get this sweater done along with a matching hat. Two other sweaters remain that need to be finished.
I'm doing these for my group, Crocheter's Attic. The current event is mine for Feather River Hospital's Healthy Mother's Program. They help women with a low income get services and things they need to be healthy and to have healthy babies. So Crocheter's Attic members have been working on making things for the mothers and babies for this program.

Next month, starts another event, called "Cultures of Life". Another member is hostess for this new event. Every two months we have a new event come up. Crocheter's Attic does not always make things for babies and mothers. We help seniors, cancer patients, homeless, children, abuse shelters, babies and moms, and disaster victims.

Anyway, off the subject a bit. I need to get another stitch square up for the group. These stitch squares give our members a chance to learn new stitches so they can work different patterns with relative ease. I want to get started at making a hooded blanket I put in our files. It looks like so much fun to do.. however, those other things above..sweaters..will have to be done first.
I wish you all a blessed day!

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!!! And it was wonderful going through your post...seems like you had a wonderful time...and well also visit my blog sometime and check out all that i've posted there...i' sure you'll enjoy your visit!!!

Joy said...

Thanks, Gerry!
I'm pleased you enjoyed it. I'm sure I will also enjoy yours in a moment after I post this..

Leslee