Saturday, April 14, 2007

Crocheter's Attic projects


Hello Everyone!

Well, its one of those very rainy days where I live. Its nice though..I enjoy hearing the rain fall. Its just so peaceful. This also makes it a fabulous day to crochet.

In Crocheter's Attic this week we are going to work on a new stitch for our members. Its called the Alternate Puff Stitch. It creates a beautiful stitch giving crocheters the opportunity to hone their skills. This stitch will be made into a blanket for someone in need. How wonderful to receive a blanket that not only is warm but has a beautiful pattern to it as well.

I'm a bit behind in my crafting. Life just sort of gets in the way..lol. One of my sons came to visit me on his vacation. We enjoyed movies new and old. I worked on some of my projects as we watched. But I still managed to fall behind in my schedule..probably due to me talking more then crafting. All is good. It was good to visit.Now onto my work at hand.

At this point, I have a pattern I want to get started on called "Chunky Monkeys" by Maggie's Crochet. I was thinking of Christmas when I saw these. With three new grands coming this year I need to start thinking of gifts. So I'm thinking some of these adorable monkeys and some cute little baby dolls for all the younger grands. The two oldest ones..girl 14 yrs and boy 12 yrs. are causing me to rack my brain for an idea..If I can get them taken care of now it will give me more freedom at Christmas to give to some of the adults.. The baby doll I mentioned above is called Baby Belinda..That pattern was shared from an old friend. So I'm afraid I don't have an author for it..It is so cute!..the doll, dress, hat, binky and little blanket are all crocheted. This is the first time I saw a pattern like this.

Well, I need to scoot..
Until we meet again!
Hook's up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

Crocheter's Attic, crocheting, patterns, alternate puff stitch

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe the teen girl would like one of those big funky bags in a fun yarn like fun fur or something similar to carry her books in. just a thought.
heehee, I followed the brownie crumbs to find you!

Joy said...

I just know you did..brownie crumbs huh?..wow, ok you are mistaking brownie crumbs from molasses cookies... they are good too..giggle
I love the idea about funky bags.If I forget ..please dear, remind me..

Sarah Bear said...

I followed the brownie crumbs to get to you also -- giggle. Funky bag sounds cool.... use for small crochet projects?

Um.... is there a way that you could post the alternative puff stitch on this blog. OR perhaps you could email me the pattern. See at crocheter's attic I'm way behind with my email. Nothing new....