Friday, April 06, 2007

Crochet Ideas for gifts


Hello Everyone!
I spent the morning shopping in the grocery store. Noticing that already the aisle for Easter was nearly empty. I thought if I just go today I would avoid all the rush and craziness that usually happens before the holiday.. hmm.. I guess I was a little late..

Today I received in the mail something I ordered from Maggie's Crochet. I wanted this pattern she has for sale called "Chunky Monkeys". They are so cute!...along with the pattern Maggie sent me a pattern for the "Starburst Sun Catcher"..would make a fantastic gift!.. and finally a pattern to make a "Newsboy Cap" from Caron yarns.

What most of you don't know is that I have a very large family. All of my children are grown and its grandkids that would love that monkey. I also have a baby doll pattern with clothes and a blanket for the baby doll I'm going to use. I think I will start on them now for Christmas. I know it sounds early. When you have a crochet group, Crocheter's Attic, crocheting for those in need, and a large family with little children getting started is a very good idea..Oh, yes and I have a wedding too that I need to make something for.

The wedding is for my youngest daughter, Laurie. She would love for me to make a ghan for her gift made out of crocheted squares. She even picked the square. Its called Waldo's Puzzle. The above square was created by Chris Simon. My daughter just fell in love with this. So this is the square I'm working on right now.. I saw a pattern for a Pinwheel Star Granny Square. It was really pretty. It might be a nice one to mix among Waldo's puzzle.. I'm not wondering if she wouldn't like that pattern just a bit more..

In Crocheter's Attic, we are working on learning the popcorn stitch. While this stitch is not new, there are new crafters who haven't ever done this stitch and older crafters maybe its been awhile and need a refresher. Ok, so its been awhile for me too. As I scanned the pattern and then watched the tutorial I posted I realized it was one of my favorite stitches but not many patterns call for it. I'm still working on my sweaters. Hoping to finish them soon and go onto a new project. Like the Baby Bobble blanket..

Well its time to call this a wrap!..
Until we meet again,
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leslee, I love your blog. I'm elated that you are writing more often. Something that I'm suppose to be doing.

Hey, are you going to share your starburst pattern with the group -- Crocheter's Attic?
Gotta run....