Thursday, April 05, 2007

Crocheter's Attic


I was just thinking about how fast this year has already gone. Easter will be here soon. Very soon after it will be summer full of crocheting projects that I'm doing for Crocheter's Attic, another summer full of heat, fires in California, graduations, a wedding, and new babies coming into the world. Seems like time has really been moving. Time to get moving on all those crochet projects!

Yarn is screaming my name saying pick me, pick me! No, I haven't lost what mind I have. I have been working hard to get Crocheter's Attic moving in a very positive position. While we are just a small online group of 32 ladies, we have been working hard to help those in need. Some ladies in the group knit and sew. Most of our ladies in the group crochet. I have been working in conjunction with Cindy Williams and Denise Roberts to get new things happening in the group that will allow us to reach out in a broader way. I'm very excited about this project. It will enrich our lives and the lives of others.

We have been having classrooms to teach stitch technique and blanket patterns in Crocheter's Attic. First, we worked on the Trinity stitch, then the Seed stitch, and now the Popcorn stitch. Its been fun helping each other out and learning new things as we crochet to make things for donation. I have some very sweet ladies in my group. I once asked God to bless my group and to add to it.It was the best thing to ask. He sent some wonderful people to us. They are generous, kind, warm, and talented. Most of them have physical ailments that would deter most people.

I am now working on three sweaters. I had set aside two because I needed more yarn. Meanwhile I picked up a blanket in teal colored yarn that I have been doing in Dc and started work on it again. I managed to finish it up in between my children visiting with grandchildren and life in general.Having done that I looked at the finished blanket and thought..wow!..I should make a sweater to match! Right about here you are probably be thinking why start something new when I have the other two sweaters to do? I did get the yarn for the other two. I was just so excited about finishing the blanket I just had to get a sweater started. I am now almost at the point where I stopped on the other two. This sweater is in what is called the "Going Home Sweater"pattern and it was created by a lady who has an online group called, Angel Crafts. We use this sweater because its easy to do and works up pretty quick for charity work. I will admit I have made this for my grandbabies. One of the other two sweaters I'm doing is the same pattern. The last sweater is called an "Easy Baby Sweater". The style is a bit old fashioned and yet adorable. It even has ruffles.

Until we meet again,
Hook's Up! Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

No comments: