Sunday, April 22, 2007

Crocheters Looking ahead to a new week..


Now that the weekend is behind me, I have much to do. It was a pleasant weekend with a visit from one of my sons that I don't see very often. My favorite Nascar driver won the race on saturday at a raceway that he has never won in before. It was an exciting finish as well.

I am now looking forward to a new week with a lot to do in our group. Crocheter's Attic has a current event that will close on the last day of this month. I have nearly finished my donations for this newborn event. I have three sweaters, two are done in the "Going Home" pattern, and the last in a darling little pattern with ruffles. I have hats for each sweater. I have a pretty blanket done in my cross stitch pattern. Its forest green and really warm. I also have a mint green sweater set finished. I will add all this to our donations as I am hostess for this newborn event. There are so many newborns and preemies in our country who are born to mother's who don't have anything to put on their new babies.

Crocheter's Attic is set up to reach out to help them. I sincerely wish we could reach out to more. However, we are small and most of the ladies barely make it on their budgets. I'm praying for a way to reach out to help more. I wish we had more hands who are willing to learn if they don't know and willing to help if they do. We also reach out to shelters, seniors, cancer patients, hospice, etc. Any group that we find that we can extend ourselves. I once was one of those poor women. I was really thankful when someone reached to me to help me as a new baby was added to a very large family. Thank God for those we have that put a lot of love into the crafting they do!

Our new event, is for both preemies and newborns. I will pretty much being doing the same thing only on a smaller scale. I'm looking forward to doing the "Strawberry Parfait Ensemble" that I found as a free pattern on Annie's Attic. We also will have a new square pattern going out this week. And I'm hoping to release a new sweater pattern as well. Our ladies take part in an exchange of items on a monthly basis and only to those who sign up. The current exchange was for Spring/Easter. Our next one will be for Mother's Day regardless of whether they are mothers to two legged children or four..our little pets become as children.

The new sweater set may be old to some or new to others. Its one I haven't tried. It actually will be a layette set. Kinda fun to try out something new. For those who read my blog and are looking forward to crocheting something new I will send out the pattern on wednesday in Crocheter's Attic. Something fun to do and with new and exciting yarns and threads its like the sky's the limit on this. Also when you have a chance check out Lionbrand's new organic cotton. Its a bit too expensive for my pocket book but looks great!

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/
and
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersatticteens/?yguid=265818116

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.