Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Sunrise brings new things


Good Morning!


With the night having slipped away to a beautiful sunrise I am looking at the projects before me. (I wrote this earlier today and didn't finish it. I'm
hoping to and post this.

Crocheter's Attic will get a square pattern today. They will be working on Velvet and Lace Square Designed by Priscilla HewittWebsite: Priscilla's Crochet . They have been making some squares for a future blanket. All 7" squares. This square will be nice as its different. It will add an interesting look to their square blanket. Some of the squares they have enlarged to be a baby blanket. It will be fun when we put them together..


I am personally working on a project for a friend and my daughter. I want to begin a cute little layette too. And I want to find another project for my donations. My round ripple blanket is finished and then I want to add something different to it. Its fun when something unexpected is add to the donation.


I promised the sleeve part of the sweater pattern today..so, here goes..


Baby Sweater cont.


Sleeve

With larger size hook, ch 55 loosely.


Row 1: Sc in second ch from hook and in each ch across: 54 sc.


Row 2: (Right side) Ch 3, turn; work Cross sts across to last sc, dc in last sc; 13 Cross sts.


Note: Mark last row as right side.


Row 3: Ch 3, turn; work Cross Sts across to last dc, dc in last dc.


Rows 4 and 5: Ch 1, turn; sc in each st across: 54 sc.


Rows 6-20: Repeat Rows 2-5, 3 times; then repeat rows 2-4 once more.


Change to smaller size hook.


Row 21: Ch 1, turn; sc in first 3 sc, sc decrease, (sc in next 5 sc, sc decrease) across. 46sc.
Row 22: Turn; slip st in first 3 sc, ch 2, hdc in next sc and in each sc across to last 2sc, leave remaining sc unworked: 42hdc.
Row 23: (Decrease row) Ch 1, turn; hdc in next hdc and in each hdc across to last 2 hdc, hdc across to last 2 hdc, hdc decrease: 40 hdc.
Row 24: Ch 2, turn; hdc in next hdc and in each hdc across.
Rows 25-35: Repeat Rows 23 and 24 twice; then repeat row 23, 7 times more: 22hdc.
Row 36: Ch 1, turn; hdc in next 9 hdc, hdc decrease, hdc in next 8 hdc, hdc decrease: 19 hdc.
Row 37: Ch 1, turn;( hdc in next 7 hdc, hdc decrease) twice: 16 hdc.
Row 38: Ch 1, turn ; hdc in next 6 hdc, hdc decrease, hdc in next 5 hdc, hdc decrease: 13 hdc.
Row 39: Ch 1, turn; (hdc in next 4 hdc, hdc decrease) twice; finish off : 10 hdc.
Sew underarm seam, beginning at bottom of row 1 and ending at top of row 21.
Centering seam at underarm, sew sleeve in place, easing to fit along raglan edges.
Repeat for second sleeve.
Tomorrow I will post the Finishing which is the body edging and the sleeve edging. I'm looking forward this evening to watch my 5 yr old gs play baseball..Yes, my crochet bag will go with me. I'm hoping the rain doesn't spoil it.
Until we meet again!
Hook's up!
Leslee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new square is really very pretty. And I am getting excited about the completion of the sweater pattern.