Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Projects in the works


Another day, and I accomplished finishing up that blue sweater with buttons..so its ready! Now I'm still working on the round ripple blanket.. its getting bigger and I know I will need to look for more yarn that color or a contrasting one to finish it up.

In Crocheter's Attic today we have a new crochet square called, "Parallel Post Stitch." Its really an interesting stitch. It should make a great blanket too. I guess for a baby blanket you could say it has feelies.. My grands love a fleece blanket with blanket binding. It gives the same sort of feelies. My gd Kayla has a store bought blanket. It has a soft fleece side and a soft satin on the other side. This is the blanket she goes places with and the one that goes to bed at night with her. Again the different kinds of materials used to make the blanket create feelies.

So far to date, I have created two sweater sets and a round ripple for our next event in the group. I will finish the other round ripple and try to make a couple of teddy bears to go with them. At that point I will send my donation out. One of my ladies submitted an adult bib pattern she found. It was a wonderful pattern to add to my collection. I wished that I had it when I did my senior event. I'm sure they could have used a few of them there.

I'm thinking of using a Snapdragon stitch for our next square. It looks a bit like a climbing shell stitch and yet it is different. I'm thinking that these different squares might give a nice look to a blanket should all of the squares be used. It can be for personal use or to give to someone who needs something warm to cuddle up with..

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have not tried the new square yet. It has been a busy day and I am behind. Just now getting around to making my blog rounds.