Friday, May 04, 2007

Crocheter's Attic, here comes the weekend!


Ahh, Its Friday!


I sometimes love the end of the week..It usually means a rest from what I have been doing during the week. I'm planning on a restful weekend. A time to just reflect and get ready for the new week.


My gd Gabbie is getting baptized this sunday morning! She has grown so quickly. I am hoping to add her to Crocheter's Attic Teens very soon. She is excited about learning and about possibly some of her friends involved online with this new little group.


Today also marks the end of the Baby Sweater I have been posting. I will post in a few minutes the Finishing. I'm personally working on a different sweater pattern.. It seems easy at this point of time. Its called Aunt Jen's sweater? I'm doing it in a varigated Bernat blues. Having finished my ripple ghan I'm planning on making a little teddy bear to go with it..so this should be kinda fun for the mom who receives it for her baby.


Now for the Finishing to the Baby Sweater...


Baby Sweater Finishing


Body Edgings


Rnd 1: With right side facing and smaller size hook, join yarn with sc in hdc at center of Back neck edge (see Joining with Sc at bottom of this post); sc evenly around entire Sweater working an even number of sc; join with slip st to first sc.


Rnd 2: Ch 4, skip next sc, *slip st in next sc, ch 4, skip next sc; repeat from * around; join with slip st to first slip st.


Rnd 3: Ch 6, (slip st in next slip st, ch 6) around; join with slip st to first slip st, finish off.


Weave a one yard length of ribbon through Rnd 2 ch 4 sps along neck edge only.


Sleeve Edging


Rnd 1: With right side facing, smaller size hook, and working in free loops of beginning ch, join yarn with sc in any ch; sc decrease, (sc in next ch, sc decrease) around; join with slip st to first sc: 36 sc.


Rnd 2: (Eyelet rnd), Ch 5 (counts as first dc plus ch 2), skip next 2 sc, *dc in next sc, ch 2, skip next 2 sc; repeat from * around; join with slip st to first dc; 12 ch 2 sps.


Rnd 3: Ch 1, sc in same st, 2 sc in next ch 2 sp, (sc in next dc, 2 sc in next ch 2 sp) around; join with slip st to first sc, finish off.


Weave an 18" length of ribbon through Eyelet rnd; pull ends to gather Sleeve and tie ends in a bow. Repeat for second sleeve.


Joining with Sc


When instructed to join with sc, begin with a slip knot on hook. Insert hook in stitch or space indicated, YO and pull up a loop, YO and draw through both loops on hook.


The sweater is now finished. I hope that you all have enjoyed it as much as I did. Its very delicate and very sweet to do.


Crocheter's Attic has now moved into our new event. Culture of family Life Services. Its still a newborn event to help poor mothers. My round ripple blanket is for this new event. I'm excited to be making new patterns..I love my old ones but its fun and challenging to start new ones..


Until we meet again!

Hook's Up!

Leslee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haven't started this sweater yet but I have saved it and will get to it when I get caught up.

Sarah Bear said...

Love your images -- a dancing green dragon. Forgot about this pattern. Hm....must have too much on my plate already -- giggle. Hugs,Cin