Thursday, May 24, 2007

Crocheter's Attic Progresses


Welcome Back!

Crocheter's Attic is moving forward. We now have on board with us, International Children's Network. Our ladies will be making blankets, sweaters, hats for 100 orphan's in Peru in November. At some point of time..which is not yet appointed..more likely we haven't been told yet. That Cindy and I will be traveling to Peru to teach the children how to crochet and knit. Yes!..I'm very excited. I'm hoping my medical condition will allow that travel.

The picture is of a little orphan in Peru. His name is Juan.

Currently we are working on an event for newborns. We are making hats, sweaters, booties, blankets, little outfits etc. for poor mom's in the San Diego area. We are also learning to make Guidepost sweaters. We posted a crocheted pattern for us to be able to play around with the pattern. I'm hoping we can downsize it to fit babies as well as an older child.

I introduced the Snapdragon stitch today. Its a square using this stitch. I don't know how many are still working on making squares..that project took a bit of time. Still the end result will not only give enough squares to join to make a ghan but will actually show how much the crocheter has learned..

Until we Meet Again!
Hook's up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an exciting trip that will be for you both. Hope you can make it.

Joy said...

I'm hoping the same thing..not knowing what my body will allow..
I sure want to go..guess we will see what happens..
hugs,Leslee