Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Reflection as Mother's Day Approaches


Its a bright sunshiney day here in California!.. Makes a person feel like getting out doors and do a little gardening. For me, I can't physically do that. I can make a garden with my crochet. One day, I was thinking about colors, palettes of colors and designs to be used to create something truly beautiful. We are fortunate that yarn companies right now are creating some beautiful mediums to create that something beautiful in the hand of the crafter.

Now, personally I love to make things for my family and friends. I really like surprising them. I was thinking of the look in the face of those who receive the things we make in Crocheter's Attic.
Its such a warm loving group of women. This past wednesday I had the pleasure of delivering donations for an event I held for the Healthy Mother's Program at Feather River Hospital in Paradise, California. The items we donate are given to young mothers who have very little if anything to take care of their new babies with. I had the co ordinator, the receptionist, the NA, the nutrionists, the wic workers tell me how much they liked and appreciated what we donated.
It always feels really good to take in the deliveries like this.

I have been suffering with what seems tendonitis. It leaves me hurting, frustrated as it also hurts to type. I find I can do some crocheting though..not sure why..although sometimes I can't seem to crochet. I have no idea how this happened.. in saying all this.. my blogging has slowed down to a crawl.. I love to write..even hand writing is a bit painful. It sure was miserable trying to address 119 invitations to mail out for my daughters wedding..

We have had in Crocheter's Attic some interesting patterns go through the group. Lets see, popcorn booties/hat, another round ripple, a cute little sweater pattern, and what is called the World's Easiest Sweater pattern. We did find an author for the last one.. She also had some other patterns listed.. I did not post a new square pattern. I decided to let the ladies catch up a bit.
And we all seemed to be interested in the new things that came our way.

I want to wish everyone a very Happy Mother's Day! Whether two legged, fourlegged or feathery or scaly..you still have taken on a responsibility for another's welfare. May you be blessed for your time, love, tenderness, compassion, kindness and understanding of what another life is experiencing. May you be blessed for not turning your head when another life needed you..

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

No comments: