Thursday, August 23, 2007

Managing Crochet During Hot Summer Months!

Good Evening!
My its been pretty hot here where I live. Its 93 right now and tomorrow will be 97. Its hard to want to pick up some of my warmer crochet projects. I have a lapghan that needs finishing. I have one hat/scarf set to make to reach my goal for this month's challenge. I have sewing to do..that's more heat. I was left with what can I keep my hands busy with? The solution was this. During the daytime hours when everything was too hot to handle I would work on my crochet threads. They are much lighter and it will get those doilies I've wanted to make done. Then during the cooler evening hours I will work on those warmer things .

I was really excited yesterday. I found through a member of my Crafter's in the Attic group a url to a pattern I really fell in love with. Its a baby blanket done in baby or sport yarns. Matching hats that are just too cute.. then after looking over the blanket pattern I found a link to some booties. I'm a curious one so I clicked on it and found something called Baby Ugs..oh I just fell out..they are darling. I have a newborn gs just born last week..he is a little guy but could use some growing up.. and I have another gs overdue at the moment. He must be a shy one..lol. I know he will be at least a nine pounder as his little petite mom seems to have big ones like that and the last one born before this little guy was nine pounds four ounces.. I have decided to make a list of yarns I need and I'm taking patterns and yarn with me when I go on vacation. These little guys have to have some Ugs..and we have another little girl due in November..she gets some girlie ones.. oh, I nearly forgot. Check out Bev's Country Cottage for Baby's Hat by Gayle Benoit..she has a link to her Ugs pattern at the bottom of this page that also includes a blanket she made to go with the hat..

I'm also considering looking into some yarns by Coats and Clark. They made some cotton yarn that looks rather tweedy..definitely a nice choice for a hat and scarf..a boy might like it.. They have made some great new yarns lately. Also check out Lionbrand..they have some great new knitting and crocheting patterns that are free. They offer ideas on the yarns to use. Sometimes I change up a different yarn just to see if it will produce something unexpected. Not a mess but a new creation I haven't thought of. To me it like playing with colors and textures..when I was a kid I loved to color..I still do.. but I noticed that I used to play with crayon colors the same way I do yarns..so the sky's the limit next time I hit the store!

Until we meet again!
Hook's up!
Leslee
http://craftersintheattic.nexo.com/

No comments: