Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I'm back!


Its amazing how time just seems to fly when you are busy!
That's the case here with me. I've been working hard to crochet some baby things for my daughters who are pregnant. Both of them due in August and two days a part. The funny thing here is they are almost like to horses in a race..just when you think one is ahead the other's nose shows she is taking the lead. Let me explain. One of them went to the hospital for pain. Was told she is dilating but not yet ready to stay. Then the other goes to the doctor and she is told she is
experiencing some labor but will need to wait a bit.. This has gone on for three going on four weeks. So, like a good mom/nana, I'm working on receiving blankets, spit up cloths, sweaters, what ever they need really. Both are expecting little boys. So color choice is now easier. Both have very little for their babies so that makes choice easier too.

I'm crocheting lapghans too. I have one red climbing shells ghan done. I have one baby blue and one tan/lighter tan striped one on the hook.. I love this pattern as it works up easy.

Crafter's in the Attic, is now supporting a challenge from now throughout the year. We are setting goals to make hat/scarf sets for inner city children in poverty ages 5 through 18 in this country. We are working in collaboration with International Children's Network to help these children. We also have an event in Nov/Dec of this year to work with them to help keep warm 100 orphans in Peru. They will need blankets, sweaters, hats/scarfs, anything to keep them warm in temps -10. I guess you could say the "Attic" is a busy place. We have going on right now an event to help senior in a place called "Summer Wind". Those seniors are being taught to crochet or knit from one of our members to help children in the U.S. Meanwhile we hear in the "Attic" are making things for them. The ladies there that are crocheting are not aware that we are making things for them...So, it should be a nice surprise!

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://craftersintheattic.nexo.com

No comments: