Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Crocheting to help


With one new grandson born a week ago today..we are still waiting for the other one. Since this baby watch is dragging itself out I decided to pop back in here and write. For those who read my blog from time to time..I'm sorry I've been away. For those just reading thanks for visiting my place here.

I've steadily been working on lapghans for a senior home. In between I've been working on crocheted baby sweaters, hats for the babies and hats for inner city kids. My group, Crafter's in the Attic, along with Les Bois Arts and International Children's Network, have been working to make hats and scarf get to inner city kids this winter ages 5 through 18 yrs. These are the kids that usually get skipped over and who need things to keep them warm. Now we are also working with ICN to help 100 orphans in Peru. With the earthquakes that have happened in that country recently I'm not sure how our involvement will change. Of this I am sure, they will need our help more now then ever!

I've developed a pattern that is easy for a scarf. I'm using a pattern that I modified to fit a child and for a teen which is basically at that part of life is a small adult. Some are children larger so I was thinking if we just made them in sets as I have challenged my ladies to do, then we would be able to have a broader chance to meet the needs of most.

Leslee's scarf pattern: ch 126 (chains depend on size, keep in mind you want an even number of chains to begin with) Row 1: sc in the second ch and across to the end..ch 3, turn. Row 2: dc in each st across to the end, ch 3, turn. Row 3: *skip one st, dc in next. Go back and dc in skipped st.* Then repeat * to *across to end. dc in last st. Ch 3, turn. Row 4 & 5: repeat row 2. ch 3, turn. Row 6: repeat row 3. ch 3, turn. Row 7: repeat row 2. ch 1, turn. Row 8: sc in each st across, finish off.

Annie's Attic, has the sweetest little project that is free for kids today. It's an earring set that are musical notes or a violin. The wire part is the ear ring part..the rest is crocheted..Its fun!
http://www.anniesattic.com . I have a teen age grand daughter that would probably love these. Too bad my flute playing grandson is a boy!..lol

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://craftersintheattic.nexo.com/

No comments: