Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Fun things to do


Ahh..the days are definitely getting warmer. We are due for some very hot weather. This week we will be in the 90's and we should hit triple digits too. I think I will be using the swamp cooler and fans quite a bit. So anything on the big side in my crocheting will wait for a cooler day..

I was given some Vintage patterns the other day. Some of those are tablecloths, motifs, table runners, toys and dolls, baby, squares, afghans and bedspreads, etc. Some have years attached. Like one motif is dated 1911. These are so cool.. a baby blanket is done in thread..Its gorgeous!

Not sure for my left shoulder if working with threads is a good idea...
I'm seriously considering making some of these. Right now the doctors have ordered an Xray, tendonitis or bursitis.. I'm thinking working with thread might aggitate my shoulder more so then yarn..not really sure. It might regardless, I will slow down a bit..but, not stop completely.

So then a friend sent me Baby Heirloom Dress patterns..They are for a newborn to nine months.
One of my dil's who's expecting just found out she is having a boy! There are two more expecting. One is trying to find time for an ultrasound to find out and the other is still too early. I will put these wonderful patterns away for possible use in the future.

Btw, the classes if I take them will most likely be to an online University so that my back won't give out trying to transport books and materials. I will also try finding scholarships and grants that most students never try for that just sit. Not sure how to find them yet. Usually online universitys want the student to use a loan. Not for this lady! I'm on SSI and no way do I want to worry over paying back a loan. So this might take me awhile to find money for school.

In Crocheter's Attic this week:
We will have a new square pattern released to the group. Its called a star stitch. It should be a lot of fun to make..I'm looking forward to this one. I think if it were incorporated into a little sweater or dress it would look so sweet.. Then thinking a blanket made with this stitch would be fun.
Many of us are already getting ready for summer fun. Children and grandchildren are now out of school so many have scheduled some summer fun.
Others of us are completing one event and getting ready for the next one. We will be learning to make both knitted and crocheted Guidepost sweaters. This event should be great fun. These sweaters look warm.. Possible gifts for family too.

Personally, I'm working on a sweater I designed for a new grandbaby. I'm also starting a new pattern making a stuffed toy. I need to get my teen gd started on a sweater so that she has some skills to share and use. I stalled on the Waldo puzzle square. It takes a whole lot of time for me. So I'm thinking that my daughter and her new husband might get it for a Christmas present instead..lol

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where are you? I hope all is well with you.