Sunday, June 03, 2007

Sunday morning!



Its Sunday! quiet and peaceful.. it seems that everything bows its head before the Lord...except stubborn mankind. Some do..some don't.. As I bow my head before my Lord, I pray for this world, for this country, for all of us who are working..trying to reach out and share His Love with those around us and those we know who need His loving touch in their lives. Thank you Lord, for this talent that you have given me to be able to reach out with Your Love even with a body that is broken and diseased to help others showing me that even for me You have a purpose and plan.. in Jesus name, Amen!

I'm currently working on a blanket for my daughter and her fiance, Chris. I have a lot to do as I'm making Waldo Puzzle squares, here's the url for that kind of square, the author is Chris Simon, I love her work on her squares... but as you can see, I have a lot of work to do to finish this ghan up. The good thing is they are 12" squares. http://www.geocities.com/cdjsimon/waldos_puzzle.html ,
trimming them in white and attaching them. It needs to be queen size..unless I have a crochet blast into hyper speed I can't see me finishing it in time before the wedding.. I guess we will see on that note.. on another note, I am just starting that picot blanket. It should be very sweet. I have some mint green..thinking that will look very nice. Since I fell in love with my new sweater pattern I'm thinking of making more of those too.

In July, Crocheter's Attic will be making guidepost sweaters for Knit for Kids. I'm kinda excited about these. I've never made one before. They look so warm and cozy. We have the Caring house that we donate to around the new year. Its an abuse shelter..many of the kids who go with their mom's aren't always babies..so I'm thinking sweaters from size 2 to 10 are really going to be needed. Its good to help children around that age and size to keep warm.. In November, the orphans in Peru will be our target donation place. It gets -10 there and they have very little to keep warm in.. I'm hoping for a place in Louisiana to get donations to. I'm sure they could use warm things as well once winter hits..

Well, its Sunday and a time for rest..which I intend to do..
Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the prayer. Hope your feeling better these days. Chris is a woman, and I love her squares. Waldo Puzzles are fun to do and I know your ghan will be loverly.

Joy said...

Ahh..thanks for the heads up on Chris I made the necessary changes..I guess there are too many male Chris's in my family. Never occurred to me that Chris is a lady..lol..I'm sort of feeling better..trying to get used to taking pain med without falling asleep and giving myself relief with just the right amount..I fell in love with Waldo puzzles..mainly because of its look ..but the bride and groom are very young at heart..it will reflect their youth and their love..Les