Saturday, June 02, 2007

Crocheter's Attic and my new sweater



Hello Everyone!

The summer hasn't yet begun and already I feel like someone rang the bell and the race is on!..lol..
I managed to finish up my new sweater I created.. I'm waiting for my son and dil who took pics for me to send them so I can put them up for you all to see.. The sweater is just darling. I'm sure the baby who wears it will be warm and toasty. To the left is the picture of the sweater I created..It was fun to do and I know will keep some little one warm and toasty.

Crocheter's Attic is going through a time when we aren't focusing on any particular pattern. We have been asking questions about some areas where we get stuck.. Someone asked about a "rabbit hole stitch"..we are all like ..what?..no clue.. That's ok, most of us are curious.It was suggested that it might be the stitch that you crochet around a plastic loop..made sense to me and I have a feeling that would be it. I'm in the process of making a hat to go with my new sweater.. hoping to buy a onsie to go with it.. I realized today that we are now in the vacation mode and when we are in hotter weather. Which means crocheting and knitting slow down and relaxing happens..I remember last summer was a scorcher..it was triple digits for three weeks..I couldn't crochet..it was just too hot..instead I read about 15 books..it wasn't as hot to do that..I got to know our local library quite well..

I'm in the process of crocheting a baby blanket using a Picot Stitch. Its a very simple stitch and should make an interesting blanket. I also want to make something in a soft yellow. I don't usually make things in yellow as it makes a baby who is a bit jaundiced look more so wearing yellow.. when the yarn is calling out make something with me you just have to get busy and use it making something new..I just might use my new pattern and making another sweater..of course a hat will follow..I love making sweater sets but just sort of feel a blanket has to go with it..

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

No comments: