Thursday, June 07, 2007

Crocheter's Attic Summer Arrives!


Sigh.. nearly done with all those graduations! I'm so proud of each one. I guess I'm a sap, I hear that commencement march and tears well up in my eyes..Poor Laurie nearly passed out walking to her place to sit and then when she was called on stage her teacher said a few things about her..she said she got dizzy..I told her its cause she didn't breathe..we gotta work on that as we can't have the bride passing out during vows!

Crocheter's Attic, its been a bit quiet lately. And its not unusual as this is the time when change happens. It happens in the lives of each crafter. Whether its vacation time, graduations, birthdays etc. This is usually the time we find a few tumbleweeds moving by. However, I found some great patterns today. My prayers for things for toddlers was answered I came across three different sweaters, a new pattern for knitted and crocheted hats, a new newborn blanket, and a sweater for an old child. Oh! I nearly forgot..A pattern for crazy socks!..my gd Gabriella loves her crazy socks!..meaning she loves it if she can find socks with stripes, argyle kind of print, crazy color mixes..anything goes with that kid..well, the great thing here is not only are they a crazy stripe..they stripe on their own using Red Hearts Strata Yarn.. She's seen the color variations before..not realizing that I might use them for something for her.. Come to think of it..there are days I would wear something like that too.. I have my silly days..lol

So, we have decided to add more squares to our list and to have more classrooms..Looks like a few different kinds of them. Maybe for a newbie needing to learn to crochet or knit. It will be fun as I will definitely need the knit class.. I really would love to knit..Its not that I don't have the tools or I think the talent..I don't have someone to help me through it.. I wouldn't mind taking the place of a newbie learning to knit..lol there are some very talented ladies in the group. I know that they could help us along.

No plans this summer for a vacation. lol.. not that I ever really get one. Someday though, I would love to go on a vacation..just to know what one is..being a mom of ten doesn't end when they grow up and get married..Its an odd position to be in. So, where would I go?..hmmm.. I'm not a tropical sort of person.. but believe it or not..there are two places I would love to go..one could be tropical as its in South America. That would be Peru..love the culture and the history. The other place would be New Zealand. The country there is awesome.. I would love to go into some sort of ministry. Haven't a clue how to begin with something like that..so for now I will work on those things before me. The first is to really work hard on the Waldo Puzzles squares for the wedding ghan. I also want to add more things to my donation box for Teddy's event. Then I will need to learn how to make a guidepost crocheted sweater. I guess this summer will be one of learning for me.. and that's not a bad thing..I love doing that. Once the wedding is done in July I will concentrate my efforts to things to learn..

My secret passion would be to take psychology classes.. I love to work with people. I've had so much experience in my life. I think it would be a good thing for me. I have my A.A. in Liberal Arts so I would enter Chico State as a junior..lol..its so weird when going to a college and other students are so young..You don't find a lot of friends there my age..ah well..

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crochetersattic/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you have a very full agenda planned. I wish you all the best with your new classes.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, ever thought of a vacation to Michigan??