Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hello Everyone!


Surprise!

I'm back! I apologize to all who read this. I have had two major things happen in my family along with the wedding of my youngest daughter Laurie. She will marry July 14th. So we have a bridesmaids luncheon on sunday and last minute details.


First, a small recap of the two major things. My oldest daughter Holly/husband Bear are expecting, her heart is an issue that is being watched closely. They lost their home and moved in with one of my son's/wife/daughter. Next Bear was informed that his son from another relationship was in Pennsylvania. Apparently the mom kidnapped him from California. He is a special needs child. She had an appointment with CPS and blew it off. Took him and all she could and fled. She is in jail on federal charges. CPS has checked the home where Holly/Bear are staying and are telling Pennsylvania to send the little boy home. Which means Bear will have to take off work to fly out to get him.


The second crisis, ahh..where do I begin? short version, My son Casey's wife needs mental health counseling and she was abusing him and the kids. A close family friend who just brought her own kids out of crisis in Arkansas by moving them and their things back here to California gave him courage to get out of that home. Sad thing, mom is really a sweet lady who is ill. Good thing is they are out of the home. The friend is helping him care for the kids while he goes through the task of ending their marriage and getting counseling for him and the kids. Tough work, I know first hand as I brought my own family out of a crisis years ago. I now have silver hair as a result.


All this and a wedding..oh and three babies coming..two in August, one in November. The two in August are boys. The one in November is a girl.


Crafting?..lol..not a lot I assure you. I was a safe house and shelter for Casey and children. I did manage to sew my pants for the wedding. They are nearly done. Then I'm making a light flimsy type top that goes over a comfy tank top. I decided to be comfortable. It will be hot that day.

I have two dear friends who will be there that day. I'm so looking forward to their arrival. And to visit with them.


News!

Crocheter's Attic has moved to Nexo.com. It has a new name, Crafter's in the Attic. We moved due to yahoo's service. I felt the ladies in the group deserved a better site and service. We also needed to change our name to reflect everyone there. So far so good. The ladies have found that they have their own webpages to play with and decorate and blog. One of my sons, David, is now our IT guy. He is the technician that helped us design our site. Kudos and many thanks to him!

We also added an Arcade feature for the members to enjoy. Still working to design our database and get a message system that better fits our needs..


Our current events are Knit for Kids and Summer Wind. Knit for Kids is very strict in that you have to use their patterns. They do have crochet and knit but some of the ladies seem to have difficulty and decided they can't do it. So, we have Summer Wind. It is a facility for seniors. This is something we have done before and shouldn't have difficulty with. We will be helping ICN with orphans and poor children in the U.S. and in Peru this year. Our teen group still needs to be modified a bit but we will get there.


I wish you all a cool evening, its been 103 today.Like ouch!


Until we meet again!

Hook's Up!

Leslee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of all your family difficulties. Life never runs smoothly. Hope all will resolve itself soon. Good news to hear on the new births coming up. And congrats on your new site.