Tuesday, February 05, 2008


Yesterday I was working on my newborn blanket. I had to frog it the last time as I didn't choose a color that I had enough yarn for. Sometimes I can get away with it as I can just pick up another skein or two. But not this color. You see, Walmart stopped carrying this color. So I chose another color from Bernat. Its called, "Rock a Bye Baby". Its so pretty. I'm glad I decided to change the color. Then while at Michael's I found more skeins of the first color but it was quite a bit more expensive..still I'm happy with the change. I managed to put 8 rows on it yesterday. I also realized I promised to add my blanket pattern. So here it is:

Leslee's Blanket Pattern

Uses baby yarn of your choice.
hook size F

Gauge: 20 dc and 10 dc rows = 4"

Special Stitches:

Cl ( Cluster stitch): (YO, draw up a loop, yo, draw through 2 loops) 4 times, yo, draw through 5 loops, ch 1 to close.

V-st: (Dc, ch 2, dc) in next ch or st.

Ch 166


Row 1: (RS) Dc in 4th ch from hook (turning ch counts as a dc here and throughout ) and in each ch across; turn - 164 dc

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout ) dc in 2nd dc and each dc across; turn.

Rows 3-8: Rep Row 2.

Row 9: Dc in 2nd st and in each of next 12 ch, *sk 1dc, (cl in next ch, sk 2 ch, V-st in next ch, sk 2ch) 6 times, ch 1, sk 1 ch, dc in each of next 14 ch, rep from * twice, turn.

Row 10: Ch 3, dc in 2nd dc and in each of next 12 dc, *(cl in ch 2 sp of V-st, V-st in closing ch of cl ) 6 times, dc in next 14 dc, rep from * twice, turn.

Rows 11 - 24: Rep Rows 9 and 10 7 times

Rows 25: Ch 3, dc in 2nd dc and in next 12 dc, (dc in 1st dc of V-st, 2 dc in ch 2 sp of V-st, dc in 2nd dc of V-st, dc in closing ch of cl and in top cl) 6 times, dc in each of next 14 dc, rep from * twice, turn. -164 dc.

Rows 26 - 32: Ch 3, dc in 2nd dc and in each st across; turn.

Repeat Rows 9 - 32 twice; fasten off.

Border: With RS facing, join yarn with a sl st in upper right corner.

Rnd 1: Ch 5, *({dc, ch 2} twice, dc) in same st, V-st in every other st to nest corner, rep bet( ), V-st in every other row to next corner, rep from * once, join with a sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch 5.

Rnd 2: Ch 5, dc in same sp, V-st in ch 2 sp of each V-st around, join with sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch 5; fasten off.

Enjoy! If there is a problem in the pattern I've not caught, please let me know. Any questions just leave them on the comments part of this blog.
I also managed to add another full skein of yarn to my triangle shawl I've been working on pretty steadily now. I still have one more skein to work a few rows and then add the border..once all ends are worked in and its finished completely I will wash it and get it ready to send to a lady who has cancer. I chose the colors I did because I wanted her to see it and have it brighten her day.. Again, the yarn is Gemstone by Red Heart.

In the attic, the last few days we have shared some interesting pattern links. One of my favorite sites posted was this one, http://crochetme.com/patterns It has a nice selection of patterns on this one. Also one of our members posted this one, http://www.geocities.com/crochetrat/newbornburialromper.html?200831
Although this last one was for a burial romper for a newborn you can connect the rows instead of leaving them open. There by it can be used as a newborn outfit.

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://craftersintheattic.nexo.com/

No comments: