Saturday, February 02, 2008

Groundhog Day!


Today was Groundhog Day!
Did you remember? I didn't..I was too busy thinking about how I didn't really want more snow. We have a lot already and are getting more. Usually where I live we only get one or two days of snow and not a lot. This year we have had already nearly two weeks of snow..Heavy snow! Did the groundhog see his shadow? YEAH..oh goody! NOT!!!

Well, the most positive thing is that its great crafting weather. And that's what most of us in Crafter's in the Attic love. well, most of us as I have five grandkids in the house. Four of them get housebound and the littlest guy is only five months old..

Today I worked on my shawl. I managed to go get two skeins between the snow storms. Remember its in gemstone by Red Heart.

I also was looking for a Bernat yarn called Baby Softee. Well, I found it but the bad news was that I couldn't find it in the color skein I started in. grr! I had to choose another color and will have to frog the piece I started. To frog..for some newbies to the craft means to rip out all that you have done or up to a place where you went off track in the pattern. A good lesson here is also to make sure you have enough yarn for the project you wish to start.. sigh!

Now don't worry if you mess up..the great news is that even veteran crocheter's do this once in awhile. We aren't perfect. Incidentally, I learned something important a long time ago from some crafters. When you are working on a project and you look back and see an imperfection, don't rip it out. Remember that we aren't perfect and this is a humble stitch. Its as unique as the crafter herself.

Well, I am going to close this for now. I will take more pictures as I am working to show you my baby blanket and how the progress goes. I will post that pattern when I can show you a picture of it being worked on. It is easy.

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://craftersintheattic.nexo.com

No comments: