Thursday, February 07, 2008

Today in the Attic


Today in the attic I was thinking about this quote,"The greatest thing you will ever learn is to love and to be loved in return." Its an amazing thought really. The thought of everyone loving each person and being loved in return is difficult for the human mind as there is always one person who "gets on our nerves". I'm no exception in this thought. Where does the love in return come in? My thought here is its like a pebble thrown into a still pond. Remember there are rippled effects in the pond when the pebble is thrown in? Well the pebble in this case is the work of love from the crafter's hands. It then ripples the love out into the world to the receiver. There is a wonderful commercial right now on t.v. Rarely is the the case. Usually commercials are annoying. What happens in this one is that one person stops another from stepping off a curb and being hit by a passing car. That person in turn does something nice for another person. And that person does something nice for the next and so on. Our works of love translate in this way as well. In this way if I translate the first quote into charity work it becomes something more.

I've seen many who give and want to be recognized for doing so. Is that love? I don't think so. Then I've seen some who really want to remain anonymous for their giving. The only recognition is between them and God. Is this love? YES!! I've pretty much been on the giving anonymously for a long time now. We tag our items in our group. Its so that the receiver knows who the giver was..Now I'm wondering should we? Right now I'm on the fence with all this. I would rather not tag items..there are many still that want to. So what does a group owner do about this? If I tag my item with the name of the group only, I think I can live with this. Its just a simple struggle I am thinking a lot of crafters go through. By tagging with just the group name it says there is a group of crafters who want to help someone in need. Not giving credit to the crafter but the group as a whole. I would love to have other's thoughts on this too.

Ok, so last night I worked on my baby blanket again. I had to frog it once as I added an extra dc where one should not be. If it wasn't throwing off the entire pattern I would have left it as a humble stitch. I am now on the 15th row. Its looking nicer as I go ..Its just a very big piece to work on. I have other projects I'm working on as well. I have a shawl in the works that I shared with you awhile back. I also have a scarf for a man in hdc in the back loops only. This scarf goes with a hat already finished. And I have a vintage scarf for a lady that fits like a hood..and has the scarf attached to go over the shoulders..its really pretty as its in a cornflower blue. This piece needs only to have the fringe on one side of the scarf finished and the piece then will be completely done. Last night I cut some pieces for a quilt for my grand daughter's birthday present. I thought she would love a quilt to cozy up with. Its done in a Mary Englebreit pattern and a multi colored stars on red background print. If I do this right it should turn out really nice!

The picture on this blog is my baby blanket..will post other pics later!

Until we meet again!
Hook's up!
Leslee
http://craftersintheattic.nexo.com/

No comments: