Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Climbing Shells Blanket


Good Morning!!

What an awesome morning it is here where I live. Its promising to be another one of those hot days in which you want to crochet something but don't want anything hot and heavy to work with.

I'm currently working on both the round blanket with square corners and a climbing shells blanket. You saw in the previous post the round blanket..In this one I'm hoping to share my climbing shells blanket. Its in a size for a newborn. And its so pretty in pink that I can't decide if
I will give this one to a woman in the church who is expecting her first born daughter or donate it to one of our group events. I'm thinking of donating this one. I thinking that some young mother is going to be thrilled with it. Regardless, if I choose the woman in the church or an event.

I'm working on the last few rows and then I will be putting on the border. Not sure of which one I will use. I seem to be a free spirit on borders. Much depends on mood and how much more I want to put into the item I'm working on. I tend to be very simple on boys blankets but on girls I get more decorative..I guess that would mean I like frilly things? yes and no..I like them both really.

Above, is the climbing shells blanket. Cindy, I'm sending you a picture..well, two actually of Rita when I was trying to take a picture of the blanket..she was being very silly on my bed..losing her mind..lol.. so those pics are for you and Bert.

Until We Meet Again!
Hook's up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/craftersintheattic/

2 comments:

Sarah Bear said...

Leslee! I'll root around in the email box for the pictures. Your work is very beautiful. This blog will be re-posted in Teaching Hands for everyone involved to view. Do you have the pattern handy. I'd like to post for others to make. Hugs

Leslee said...

Yes on the pattern..
Thanks for the kudos! You should see the sweater I finished making to go with it..just need to find those darn buttons! Also worked on an awesome beret pattern this weekend..and a preemie dress ..will have to share with you..hugs