Monday, August 10, 2009

Baby Pink Sweater





A very good morning to you all!!

Right now in the attic we are working on quite a few baby items. Some are working on blankets, some on small items such as sweaters. I'm working on a "Going Home" baby sweater. I decided to transform this one into something a bit different. Instead of going with the regular pattern I made
the sweater change in row 10. It normally calls for a dc row in row 9 but then when its supposed to change to a sc row in 10 I decided to do shells. Making this part of the sweater into shells will make it not only a softer look ,(more feminine) it will also go well with the "Climbing Shells" blanket I just finished. If you look in earlier posts you will see it.

Above is the sweater. The body as you can see is finished.. The sleeves will be different then what the "Going Home" pattern calls for. I found a pattern not long ago that has some really nice shaped sleeves. The bottom part of that sleeve calls for ribbing. The one the sweater pattern calls for that I'm foregoing just does not work for me. Meaning that it doesn't look finished and I do not think right for the sweater nor the wearer. I'm also attaching a look at the sleeve that the "Going Home" sweater calls for. I'm ripping it out and will post probably tomorrow the sleeve I'm choosing to create for my sweater.

Until we meet again!
Hook's up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/craftersintheattic/

No comments: