Tuesday, July 07, 2009

We are back!


Wow.. has time flown or what?
I must apologize for not posting in a long while. Life has its own way of interrupting well planned intentions.

Crafter's in the Attic has now moved back to yahoo. We were at Nexo because yahoo couldn't seem to keep up with demand and continually went down in the process. Or it wouldn't let some of our members log in saying that they were not members..lol.. that was hard as they were definitely on our members list. So after playing games there we transferred for awhile to a beta site called Nexo..unfortunately Nexo was purchased by Shutterfly and the quality went down. I was afraid that our members might be hasseled to purchase their products..and quite frankly not many people knew we existed. We had changed our name from Crocheter's Attic to Crafter's in the Attic as we wanted to acknowledge our knitters and sewers. Well, now we changed back to yahoo only to find they have improved!! Like who woulda thought that they would huh?

We are a small group of ladies who crochet, knit and sew for charity. We have six events in a year. They are two months long. It helps juggle life, crafting and donations. We have events for cancer, seniors, newborns/preemies, shelters, etc. I felt a long while ago that there are so many people who need help. Not just babies..So here we are ..a small group of 15 ladies. Its cozy and warm here. Currently we are working on things for newborns/moms who need. The event is for Feather River Hospital in Paradise, California. I'm a bit partial to this one as I've several grandchildren born in their birthing place.

I'm working on a ripple ghan for a baby. Its nearly finished which I'm really happy to report as its been on the very warm side here. I noticed I seem to work on blankets during the heat..I'm a bit backwards I guess.. as soon as I figure out how to put pictures at the right places in my blog I will show you..hmm, maybe at the beginning for now..So, above is the picture of the ghan I'm working on. Its in a really nice creme color.

Have a happy crafting day!
Hook's Up!
Leslee
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/craftersintheattic/

2 comments:

Sarah Bear said...

Leslee, You make beautiful afghans! Glad to hear you are all settled back with Yahoo.

Leslee said...

yeah, me too!
Now how do we get people who want to craft to notice?