Saturday, December 05, 2009

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas Everyone!

Just popped in to say wish you all a blessed Christmas!
We have been busy crocheting and knitting..I am working on what is called a "Snowstorm"hat. Its a Lionbrand pattern and so far soo good! It isn't really clear in an area..but then again, a lot of patterns end up being re-written because of that very reason. One of the ladies in our group, Karen, has been helping some of us learn how to knit. I've always done a Stockingnet stitch. I've gotten pretty good at even stitching and also I don't drop as many stitches or not at all.

We have been meeting on mondays. At our last meeting Karen and Rae were the only ones who could make it that day. All three of us worked on that hat..Karen and I used circulars and Rae used straight..well, after they left I continued but later on Karen called and said..that it was way too small for an adult..so I frogged mine..Then tried again on straights..but I lost track of my stitches and purled on a knit row..grr! Before realizing that mistake Karen brought me two sets of circulars 10 1/2 and 11's.. Ok, so I frogged the straight ones and when I went to put it on the circulars..I realized I was doing it wrong on the third row! Again, I frogged it.. So since Karen was out of town for Thanksgiving..I tried once more only on the straights..guess what? I'm on row 27!! yippee! I did the first decrease and I'm working to the next one..success feels good! At this point you are all probably wondering why I kept at it? This hat is not only darling..Its one that we can use both for donation and family..Its warm.. and its..stylin'! lol This monday Karen will come and visit..not sure about the others as we are expecting to have snow hit our area heavily the night before..Rae and Holly live in Magalia which is up the mountain from me. Laurie, Liz and Karen live in Paradise. The chances of seeing Rae and Holly depend on that storm.. This should be an interesting day!

Next month, our Paradise group of ladies will get an opportunity to learn how to loom on straight looms. Have any of you ever noticed that they have little booklets for the round ones..but hardly anything to help you get going on those straight ones? Everything is a bit confusing..At least four of us..maybe five have the large sets of straight looms so the craft shop
just down and across the road from me has a lady who teaches on looms..We will have her have a class to teach us all. Then we are hoping to get going on some scarves, lapghans, and blankets.. I hope to post some pics then for you all to see our progress..Also hoping to get a spot to have more people join our group of volunteers to make a difference in our community. Will update as I get more information. Right now my little kitchen gets really full with six of us..lol

Hook's up!
Leslee

1 comment:

Sarah Bear said...

Leslee! The snow hat is adorable! I've got to make one for myself. :-)
Your blog is festive!
If we lived closer I'd have Sarah from our group teach your group the long loom. I tried it myself but, enjoy the hook or needles better. Keep me posted with how your gathering goes. Might need snow-mobiles! We are to receive 70% snow on Saturday. Let it snow! Let it snow!
Hugs, Cindy ;)