Thursday, November 29, 2007

Christmas Approaching!

Hello Everyone!
As we approach the yearly celebration of Our Lord's birthday, I find my thoughts going out to all those who have so little. Of those who have nothing to keep them warm. A simple need in winter and yet it becomes a ritual to find warmth to survive winter.

A dear friend was telling me about how she took a tag from the "Angel Tree". I realized I wanted to do that too. But once I was standing in front of the tree in my nearest Walmart I found my thoughts going out to choosing which one? I knew that I had very little to spend on my own family let alone a child who really wanted something to brighten his/her christmas. God in His wisdom never made me rich with money or I certainly would have chosen every tag. Did I choose?..no, not right away. Why? I realized that I will be making a choice soon, but that I have family that need an angel in their lives right this minute. I'm hoping to first help them..then help a child on that tree. In Crafter's in the Attic we give all year. Isn't that really what its all about? A giving heart to those in need that He brings along our life paths to help? This thought makes me think.. how giving is my heart? I remember as a child my father saying that I wore my feelings on my shoulders and I needed to take them off before I got hurt. I have gotten hurt a lot in this life..but I would certainly wish to live with my feelings right out there then not see or realize someone needed me.

As this year's celebration begins I wish you all a wonderful season of giving. For surely Our Lord gave the most precious gift to us. Now lets emulate that Love.

Until we meet again!
Hook's Up!
Leslee

No comments: